10.14.2008

Welcome!

Welcome to the Hiking Biking With Kids Blog! I am looking forward to sharing information on trails and outdoors gears that I think are appropriate for kids and young children.

Biking or hiking is a great way to spend quality time with your children and provide many opportunities to teach your children responsibility, self-reliance and appreciation of nature, and both provide a fun way to get needed exercise.

I have be biking, camping and hiking with my two boys since they were 6 and 4 years old, respectively. They are now 11 years old and 8 years old. We live in Central New Jersey and our hiking and biking trips have so far been close to home. There are some fine trails for hiking and biking in New Jersey – for both adults and kids. I will review some of the trails in upcoming posts.

More often that not, I find that the current trails information available on the Internet really don’t help me when it comes to giving me the information I need to decide if my sons can handle a trail that I am interested in.

My aim is to change that with this blog. This blog will be the source for favorite family-friendly hikes and bike rides across the country – with the help of you the reader of this blog. So if you have a favorite trail that you have done with children and want to share it with others on Biking Hiking with Kids, please send it to me for review and possible posting on this blog.

Coming soon - reviews of trails that my sons have hiked or biked.

No comments: